Concerts at St. George's Basilica
Concerts at St. George's Basilica – Classical Highlights!
The Prague Royal Orchestra presents a selection of classical music at St. George’s Basilica in the Prague Castle complex.
The Prague Royal Orchestra was founded in co-operation between the National Theatre and the State Opera and features some of the best musicians from the National Theatre, the State Opera, the Czech Radio Orchestra, the Prague Symphony Orchestra and the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra. The orchestra is distinguished by its extraordinary versatility in the interpretation of both traditional Czech music and works of international composers. Successful concert tours and appearances in the USA, Japan, South Korea as well as Germany, Austria, Spain, France and Switzerland testify to the high calibre of this orchestra.
Excerpt from the Programme:
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Eine kleine Nachtmusik, KV 525
- George Frederick Handel “Fireworks Music”
- Antonio Vivaldi - Symphony in G Major
- Johann Sebastian Bach - 2nd Movement of the Orchestral Suite No. 4 in D Major
- Edvard Grieg - 2 Elegiac Melodies for Strings op.34
- Antonin Dvorak - 2 Waltzes in A Major and D Major
- Arcangelo Corelli - Sarabande and Gigue
Subject to change